Based in Stillwater, Okla., this position will cover events across Oklahoma, using the latest professional video and audio equipment. Must be able to shoot, produce, write and edit videos and podcasts that meet broadcast standards.
Two years of experience in video production or news reporting required. A bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications or an industry certification in communications required.
Does require occasional work on nights and weekends. Have the ability to carry video equipment up to 75 pounds in a variety of work situations. Valid driver's license
1. Shoot, write and edit videos and podcasts that demonstrate the value of Oklahoma’s CareerTech System.
2. Produce educational videos that publicize exemplary and innovative practices in the CareerTech System.
3. Coordinate and schedule shooting assignments and interviews for video and podcast projects.
4. Provide technical support for all communications and video equipment in state agency conference rooms.
5. Assist in maintaining inventory list for all video, audio and production equipment.
6. Provide multiplatform support for social media and print materials.
7. Write in conversational broadcast style and be skilled in presenting on air.
8. Maintain specialized skills to keep up with emerging technologies in software and television production with a working knowledge of editing equipment.
9. Have the ability to travel throughout Oklahoma.
Salary/Benefits: $40,491.70 - $45,290.45 commensurate with education or experience. Health, dental, life and disability insurance; flexible benefits plan; teacher’s retirement; vacation/sick leave; paid holidays; employee assistance program; and flex-time options. Total salary and benefits package valued at $52,769.39 - $57,929.34.
Position posted for a minimum of 10 calendar days or until position is filled.
Send cover letter, including job title, and resume to:
Mail: Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education, Attn: Marie, 1500 West Seventh Ave., Stillwater, OK 74074.