REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
NATURE OF POSITION: Full-time, Non-Exempt.
SUMMARY: The Communications Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the organization’s brand and marketing through the development of website content, email newsletters, print publications, event, program, and membership marketing materials, social media content and media outreach.
The Stillwater Chamber of Commerce is a not-for-profit organization that offers opportunities to be connected to the business community and area leaders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties and responsibilities described below are the essential functions of this position and are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations to complete the Chamber’s comprehensive marketing and communications strategy and resulting initiatives. This includes but is not limited to website, digital and print publications, social media, and external relations.
- Coordinate enforcement of brand standards and professional image throughout the organization. Ensure organization’s branding is strategic, current, clear, and consistent.
- Develop content such as stories and updates for the Chamber website, digital newsletters, print publications, and social media channels.
- Coordinate the Chamber’s social media presence by recommending strategies that engage members and the community. Implement feedback and performance measures that ensure the Chamber is expanding its social media reach. Prepare and provide a monthly report to Chamber staff outlining communications statistics, status updates, and relevant feedback.
- Establish an editorial calendar that provides consistency and direction for all external communications.
- Build rapport with and act as a liaison to local news media. Distribute content to the news media on behalf of the organization and represent the organization at community activities.
- Work with IT consultant and third-party vendors, when appropriate, to efficiently utilize technology to innovate and customize Chamber communications.
- Manage various Chamber publications both online and printed by managing mailing lists/databases, providing content, assisting with design and other duties as needed.
- Coordinate the content and placement of members’ promotional content.
- Assist in providing layout, design, and editing for all external and internal documents.
- Attend various Chamber meetings and events to assist with the development of communication and marketing materials as needed. Prepare digital marketing for use at events. Orchestrate and capture high quality digital photos from events.
- Serves as Chamber staff liaison, providing guidance and support to the following committees: TBD
- Assists other members of staff whenever the need arises.
- Performs various other assignments made by Chamber leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree from a fully accredited college or university in communications or marketing, or a minimum of 2-4 years of training and work experience in a related field preferred.
- The equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the stated minimum qualifications.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Computer literacy in Adobe Creative suite is required, as well as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent design skills and ability to generate creative solutions, translate concepts, and information into images, and use feedback to modify designs while demonstrating attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with staff, directors, members, and the community
- Experience with internet, social media, and various marketing mediums.
- Experience with basic photography and videography skills.
- Is self-motivated, goal-oriented and can work independently while functioning in a teamwork environment.
- Working knowledge of the programs and services offered by the Stillwater Chamber of Commerce, Stillwater, and the business community.
- Attention to detail and must be able to multi-task.
- Personable, resourceful and positive.
- Professional appearance required.
Must have and maintain a valid Oklahoma driver’s license, have a reliable vehicle and auto insurance as required by Oklahoma law.
Other Job Information:
Indoor office work environment; nonhazardous work
Infrequent exposure to extremes in noises, temperatures, distractions, etc. Little or no exposure to hazards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for extended periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Normal business hours are M-F, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. with one hour for lunch. Some irregular working hours may be required. Frequent travel is required within Stillwater, Oklahoma, and occasional travel outside of the city and state for Chamber events and/or professional development.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Writing skills: 1 year (Required)